5 November 2016

Smoothie: Watermelon + Cucumber

In today's post I'm sharing a super easy (also healthy and delicious!) smoothie recipe. I know, some people might match smoothies with summer and hot weather, but I love drinking smoothies all year so here it is my last smoothie-discovery!

The ingredients you'll need are really basic: just a cucumber, 1/4 watermelon aproximately (depending on it's size) and the juice of half a lemon. To be honest, I don't follow fixed proportions, I just keep adding as I see; so maybe it's a good idea to start with less quantity and keep trying it and adding. To mix it all together I use a regular blender (the result is in between a smoothie and a juice). And that's all!


Cucumber and watermelon? Yes, this combination can sound strange (it sounded to me at first) but I promise it's so good and refreshing. Both are of vitamins and are low in calories:

  • Cucumber has a water content of 95% and contains a lot of antioxidants. It also contains fair amounts of vitamins K and C, slightly less of vitamins A and B, and alkaline minerals such as potassium, manganese and magnesium. 
  • Watermelon has a water content of 92% and each bite has significant levels of vitamins A, B6 and C, lots of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids. It also contains a modest amount of potassium. 

And smoothies are not the only thing which combines these 2 super-ingredients; I've searched on Pinterest and there are a lot of ideas for salads, with feta cheese or mint, for example. 




Hope you liked the post! Let me know in the comments if you're going to try it out (you definitely should) or if you already have :)

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment